Thursday, April 5, 2012

Concentration #12




9.75" x 7.75"
Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper 

For my final piece, I chose to use a tea cup that I had not drawn yet, and I wanted to draw a person to help show my growth as an artist. This is a picture of a family friend. Her name is Gracie, and she is four years old. I bought this tea cup at a thrift store, and I thought it was very beautiful. I specifically liked the shape and size of this cup, because it is short and wide; therefore, I felt that it resembled a tea cup that might belong to a child's tea set. The tea cup is the lightest aspect of this piece; therefore, it is evident that it is the tea cup. I also felt that by using a bit of foreshortening, I was able to show my growth as a drawer. The shadows on her face show that she is holding the cup up towards someone or something. The unfocused appearance of her facial features show depth and that she is present, yet the cup is supposed to be the focal point of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment