Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Contour drawing


pencil on drawing paper

This is a contour drawing done to show my growth as an artist. This drawing is done by allowing the eye to follow the outer most edges, as well as the lines visible. I chose to do my mother in this position because I like the positioning of her body and the composition. The lines that create shapes in her hair are very interesting, and I liked all of the wrinkles on her shirt. By drawing her profile, I was challenged to create the proper proportions of her body, especially considering the awkward position of her stomach. However, I feel that this piece is of good enough quality to show that I have become much more aware of the lines and proportions of what I am drawing, and it allowed me to work from life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment