Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Scratchboard


5" x 7" 
Scratch Board 

For this breath piece, I wanted to expand my choice of medium and do a scratchboard. This is a picture of my little brother and dog sitting on the back of a chair. I chose this picture because I felt that is showed emotion and movement. The dogs hair shows movement and has lots of highlights, which made it an ideal scratchboard picture. The expression on his face shows emotion. I was able to create texture on the chair by creating a pattern that ranges in value. The light source has eliminated the dogs left eye and made my brothers eye almost hidden. However, the form and small detailing shows that they both have eyes, and it forces the viewer to interpret what can not be seen. The lightest lights create emphasis and bring the viewers eye towards the center of interest. Although they are both important, he is the largest and lightest aspect of the piece. Therefore, he is the center of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment