Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Concentration #9


Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper 
10.5" x 9" 

For my third art piece I chose to repeat the stacked cup composition; however, I added the pearls to create depth and height. The highlights on the pearls are done in gesso paint, so that the pearls would stand out up against the background. The colors in the fabric in the background, were repeated throughout the pears and the cups. I used these cups with the pearls because the delicacy of this pattern, reminds me of beauty and luxury; therefore, the pearls correlate with the pattern. The shading on the fabric on the left side of the piece, is done to create fold and form among the fabric. The tea cups are the largest aspect of the piece; therefore, they stand out and are clearly the focal point. The cups are all similar; however, they have unique positions and shading to create diversity. Throughout the piece, I used a variation of warm and cool colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment