Friday, December 9, 2011

Tea Tree


Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper 
8" x 11"

For my sixth concentration piece I did this piece with a colored pencil medium. I chose this picture, which I took, because I like the composition of the cups with the fabric in the foreground of the piece. I used a contrast of different colors and shades to create depth and realism to this piece. I used both warm and cool colors to create unity through out the entire drawing. The blurred background creates and expressive quality of movement. The repetition of handles and shapes of the cups creates harmony through out the piece. The negative spaces create depth and interest to the viewer. This piece is photo-realism and looks better than the actual picture because it the hues are much brighter and interesting. The soft edges in the background make it appear that there is some activity; however, it does not distract the viewer from the obvious point of interest. 

1 comment:

  1. Ali, this is simply beautiful. I love the patterns on the cups and your composition! And btw, thanks for putting me on your blog list! That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete