Monday, November 28, 2011

Concentration #5


Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper
7.25" x 11.25"

For my fifth concentration piece I chose to draw a picture of my good friend Lauren as she is drinking a cup of tea. I feel that this piece has a nice balance of warm and cool colors. The dark contrast on her face allows the cup in her hand to be the center of interest. The bright colors and unordinary colors of the cup create emphasis on the center of interest; therefore, the tea cup is clearly the focal point of the piece. The expressive qualities of the piece create warmth and comfort to the viewer, and the piece makes you just want to drink whatever she is drinking. The highlights on her face make it clear where the art source is coming from. The variety of hues in her hair create movement and depth. My corrections included adding some of the colors from the cup into her hair to create balance and repetition throughout the entire piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment