Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Concentration

A concentration is defined as "a body of work unified by an underlying idea that has visual coherence." A concentration shows evidence of thinking and a clear focus. A strong concentration must be connected between the work presented and the idea described. It must be interesting and attract the viewer. The artist must show something interesting with feeling and risk. An AP Art concentration consists of twelve pieces based on the investigation of a theme, object, or subject.

I chose to do my concentration on antique china. As I have progressed, I have began to focus more on tea cups. I have always been very intrigued by antiques. I think that fine china is very beautiful; and I enjoy drawing still lives. I am extremely passionate about the history and beauty of these simple pieces of china; therefore, I have been able to demonstrate my concentration in several different ways. I enjoy finding all of the different pieces and seeing how unique and beautiful they are.


Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper
10.5″ x 8.5″


Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper
10″ x 9″


"Gypsy Tea"
Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper
11″ x 7″


Colored Pencil on Watercolor Paper
7.25″ x 11.25″

No comments:

Post a Comment